Friday, July 18, 2008

As many of you know, I was a nurse for years before changing careers and becoming a photographer. I worked in critical care areas most of my days in nursing. So, when Covenant asked me to photograph Dr. Michael DeBakey in 2004, I was honored to cover the event. When I heard of his passing last Friday, I understood the great loss. He would have been 100 years old in September 2008. What a life legacy he has left. These hands have performed over 60,000 heart surgeries. That is more than we can truly comprehend. He was 95 years young the day I photographed him. He was still working and developing new products to save lives. Most of all he was a man of faith and let us all know that as much as he could do as a physician, it was not up to us whether a man lives or dies. That decision was in much greater hands.

No comments:

Drake Design Photography's Fan Box

Blog Archive

About